Everyday, I spend time with my Heavenly Father – reading His words and communicating with Him in prayers. The ‘Holy Bible’ that He has inspired many different people to write is very precious in my daily life as a Christian, because I can always find peace, love and strength in it.
- I learn God’s creation and His guidance for His people in Genesis.
- I feel encouraged by those men and women of faith in Exodus, Esther, Daniel, and Hebrews
- I learn Christian doctrine and conduct in Romans. and other books such as 1 Corinthians and other Paul’s letters.
Particularly, I always find the following verses very encouraging, especially when I am at the bottom of a valley. These verses always give me the strength to move on in my journey.
- ‘Is anything too hard for the LORD?’ Genesis 18:14, NIV
- ‘Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.’ Hebrews 11:1, NIV
- ‘being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.’ Philippians 1:6, NIV
Among many Christian hymns, I particularly enjoy listening to:
- ‘His Eye Is On The Sparrow’; I believe that the Lord always watches us in all circumstances, small or big.
- ‘Knowing You (All I Once Held Dear)’; it reminds me that I have given up my worldly desires of becoming a wealthy man and of climbing up the corporate ladder. I need to surrender myself to Him daily.
Christian Romantic Novels
Besides, I like Christian romance novels as I am a Christian romance writer. Reading other authors’ works will give me inspiration for my writings as well. Some of these are briefly touched below, and I hope that you find them enjoyable also.
Snow Angel by Jamie Carie, published by B&H Publishing Group, 2007.
It is a story of a Christian man who protects a mysterious young woman during Alaska’s 1897 gold rush. Readers will experience romance, suspense, and Christian love in the story.
A Hopeful Heart by Kim Vogel Sawyer, published by Baker Publishing Group, 2010.
It unfolds a tale of a young Christian girl who runs from those around her including her boyfriend due to the death of her mother and joins the Navy. It tells readers how she goes through her emotional pains from the loss of her mother and from the longing of her heart for her boyfriend. Finally, she finds comfort in the Lord and returns home for Christmas.